Thursday, April 29, 2004

I assume you are comfortable with the concurrent risks. If you want to continue in that vein I would look at the following, which are all Canadian Income trusts. I'd give you a little precis about all of them, but that would take forever. Do your opwn due diligence. Disclosure: I own most of them.

Pembina Pipeline yields 8.5%
Timberwest 8.5%
Algonquin Power Income Fund 9.3%
Boralex Power Income Fund 8.7%
FDG 7.2%
Baytex Energy Trust 16.5%
Vermillion " " 13.2%
Arc, Acclaim, Advantage energy Trusts 11-14%

If you want to be a lot more conservative why not try some of the major oils, XOM, CVX, BP all yield from 2.4 to 3.5%

Major Drug stocks, JNJ, GSK, ABT, etc all yield from 2-5%

The important thing with these big blue chips is not so much the size of the dividend, but the size of their dividend growth, which is all good.

Finally, you might want to look at some of the pipeline MLPs which yield from 6-7.5%. I own TPP, TCLP and am looking at ARLP, which is a coal MLP. These have been hit hard due to the interest rate rise "scare" and are much cheaper than they were a few months ago.

There are more choices out there, but this is it for now.


Good Investing,